THE GREEN HOUSE® Adult Learner-Centered Education Program is a highly interactive workshop available exclusively to Green House Educators. The program will be held at The Green House Project office in Arlington, VA on February 5-7, 2013. The number of participants varies based on the needs of each organization; although, we strongly recommend at least two Green House Educators attend. Please see below to register and to learn more about this three-day program.
Purpose: To orient staff educators to the content and approach of the Coaching for Partnership curriculum
Learning Objectives: By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify their own values related to their role as a educator/teacher/trainer.
- Describe key principles and practices for effective adult learning.
- Explain how this curriculum is designed to apply the key principles of adult learning.
- Describe how this curriculum is designed to develop Coaching competencies for Clinical Support Team Members.
- Describe the likely characteristics of participants and explain how this curriculum is designed to meet their learning needs.
- Demonstrate the adult learner-centered training approach by practice teaching activities from the Coaching for Partnership curriculum.
- Identify their areas of strength and areas needing support in order to teach the model curriculum effectively.
There is no cost to Green House organizations to register. Lunch will be provided during the training, although other participants will be responsible for other expenses (ex. travel, hotel, remaining meals).
More logistics will be available upon registration (below). The deadline for registration is January 5, 2013.