Wishing you a Season of Relationships, Convivium and a Happy New Year!
Dear Green House friends and family,
What a year 2011 has been for The Green House Project! Through synergy and a unified vision, this model continues to grow and serve over 3500 elders across the country!! As this year comes to an end, we reflect on our accomplishments, express gratitude to our partners and teachers, and look forward to the excitement that is to come!
- There are over 117 Green House homes open and many more are in development.
- Positive press coverage in major news outlets like The New York Times, Huffington Post and Forbes Magazine.
- In conjunction with NCB Capital Impact, The Green House Project was a finalist for the prestigious Wachovia NEXT Award, this award seeks out and highlights new and innovative groups serving low and moderate income populations.
- “Financial Implications of The Green House Model“, was published in the Senior Housing and Care Journal through the National Investment Council and it was awarded the GE HealthCare Best Paper Award.
- “Empowering Direct Care Workers”, was published by Dr. Barbara Bowers in Senior Housing and Care Journal, and found evidence of the positive impact of an empowered workforce.
- Many fabulous events to celebrate Green House openings, including the Celebration of the 100th Home, hosted by Robert Wood Johnson President and CEO, Risa Lavizzo-Mourey. Another notable Grand Opening was the first Green House homes to open in the Veteran’s Administration.
The energy that surrounds the project is palpable, and we are eager to partner with you in 2012. It is through all of our voices, our actions and teamwork that the principles of The Green House Project will live, grow and thrive. Look forward to:
- 23 new homes projected to open in 2012
- A strong Peer Network, to create an even deeper web of relationships, best practices, tools and advocacy
- Fabulous new resources-Look for The Green House App, available in the Apple Store
- New Research in partnership with Robert Wood Johnson Foundation to help inform future interactions with state surveyors, federal regulators, and funding agencies
We are so deeply grateful to the work of Green House adopters around the country whose commitment, hard work and great love are at the heart of every success. We look forward to connecting with each of you in the New Year, and wish you the very best.
The Green House Project