The team from Willow Ridge submitted the following blog highlighting their trip to the annual conference:
The last two years Mennonite Home Communities of Ohio, Willow Ridge, drove to the annual Green House Conference. Last year we drove 12 hours to Boston. At 5:00 p.m. today, five of us arrived in Memphis after traveling 10 hours. Shahbazim Mel Lehman and Robbin House, Guide Barb Lawrence, DON Heather Clum and Development Director Doug Luginbill climbed aboard a rented Dodge Caravan at 6:00 a.m.
Here are ten reasons we would do it again…unless it is in Seward, Alaska!
10. Your snacks are better than airplane snacks!
9. You never leave the ground.
8. You don’t have to worry about your clothes arriving with you.
7. Five people renting one van is much less expensive than five airline tickets. More money to spend on elders!
6. You get to talk about important issues like how to best protect elders’ clothing when eating meals.
5. You get to strategize about how to get the most out of the Green House Meeting.
4. You learn to know about each other’s families and interests.
3. You get to see cotton fields, Cyprus swamps and deer grazing in fields.
2. You build community!
1. The convivium is awesome!